Valorant Convergence 2023 marks a significant milestone in the world of esports as Riot Games hosts its first-ever international Valorant tournament in India. In collaboration with The Esports Club, this event is set to take the Indian gaming community by storm, offering a glimpse of the global Valorant scene.
- Location: Manpho Convention Centre, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- Dates: 14th to 17th December 2023.
- Prize Pool: $50,000 USD.
Official VCT OFF//SEASON Tournament
Convergence 2023 stands out as an official VCT OFF//SEASON tournament, bringing together six teams from various global regions, including two from India, to compete in a dynamic and intense battle.
A total of six teams, comprising four international and two Indian teams, will be partaking in this prestigious tournament:
- FURIA Esports – Brazil | VCT Americas
- FUT Esports – Turkey | VCT EMEA
- Team Vitality – France | VCT EMEA
- Gen.G Esports – South Korea | VCT Pacific
- Global Esports – India | VCT Pacific
- True Rippers – India | India Qualifier
Tournament Schedule and Format
Group Stage (14th to 16th December)
- Two groups of three teams each.
- Round-robin format with each match being a best-of-three series.
- The top team from each group advances to the Grand Finals.
Grand Final (17th December)
- The final showdown will be a best-of-five series.
- The victorious team will be crowned the champion.
Global Impact and Significance
Convergence 2023 aims to highlight Riot Games’ commitment to nurturing the gaming culture in India. This tournament is not just a showcase of local talent but also a platform for global teams to exhibit their prowess, especially with the new rosters gearing up for VCT 2024.
Fans worldwide can tune in to witness these teams compete with their updated lineups, promising a weekend filled with high-octane matches and strategic gameplay. The event will be streamed live, offering global viewers a chance to experience the thrill of Valorant esports.
Introduction to Convergence 2023
Valorant Convergence 2023 is more than just a tournament; it’s a celebration of the growing esports culture in India and a testament to Valorant’s expanding global footprint. It’s an event that’s sure to leave fans eagerly anticipating the VCT 2024 season.