February 2024 in Pokémon Go is shaping up to be an exciting month, packed with Sinnoh-themed events. However, the spotlight is on the controversial Elite Raids, now featuring the Legendary Pokémon Enamorus.
Elite Raids: A Rocky History
- Previous Discontent: Elite Raids first faced backlash with Regieleki and Regidrago’s introduction. The dissatisfaction stemmed from the limited one-hour raid windows and the inability to use Remote Raid Passes.
- Timing Concerns: The scheduling of these raids has been problematic, with past raids clashing with major holidays like Easter and, now, Valentine’s Day.
The Debut of Enamorus
- Valentine’s Day Feature: Enamorus, a fitting choice for Valentine’s Day, will make its Elite Raid debut, adding thematic relevance but also potential community displeasure due to its limited availability.
February’s Array of Events
- Sinnoh Celebration: The month is packed with Sinnoh region celebrations, including February Community Day and the Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleashed event.
- Diverse Raids: Five-star raids will spotlight Sinnoh Legendaries, along with Mega Raids featuring Mega Latios, Latias, Absol, and Garchomp. Shadow Articuno joins the Shadow Raid lineup.
- Spotlight Hours and Carnivals: Events will highlight Dratini, Munna, and both Kantonian and Alolan Sandshrew, culminating in the Carnival of Love event.
Uncertainties: It remains unknown if Enamorus will appear outside Elite Raids or if its Therian Forme will be available later.
Pokémon Go Tour: Sinnoh: The month builds up to this major event starting on Feb. 24, promising the debut of Origin Forme Palkia and Dialga.