The atmosphere grows tense and excitement builds as we approach the start of the 2023 League of Legends World Championship. As is tradition, a burning question lingers in the minds of fans and analysts alike: Which champion will dominate the pick and ban stage?
The Importance of the Draft in Worlds
From the extensive roster of champions that League of Legends offers, exceeding 160, only a few always shine in the game’s most prestigious tournaments. These champions tend to be those that best adapt to the current meta, possess significant power, or simply boast abilities that outshine the rest.
The draft in the Worlds matches is a pivotal phase. Historically, we’ve seen teams lean heavily towards certain champions with unwavering devotion. Recall iconic champions like Yuumi in 2021 with an astounding 96.4% pick or ban rate, Graves in 2020 with 92.1%, or Pantheon, who in 2019 reached a peak with a 100% presence.
This trend is not exclusive to LoL. In any competitive video game, there are always standout elements, be it weapons, vehicles, or characters.
Candidates to Dominate the 2023 Draft
With the tournament just around the corner, speculations run wild. The community, especially on platforms like Reddit, has already begun placing bets on their favorites. Some of the champions touted to dominate this year’s draft include:
- Rell: A formidable support that has proven crucial in teamfights.
- Renekton: His dominance in the top lane makes him a staple choice.
- Ivern: His capacity for protection and support has clinched many matches.
- Kai´sa: This ADC always makes her mark with her offensive prowess.
- Jarvan IV: A versatile jungler fitting various compositions.
- Maokai: With his area control and sustain, he’s a solid choice.
- Tristana: Her ability to play mid or as an ADC makes her a formidable option.
- K’Sante: An emerging top lane threat that has taken many by surprise.
- Rakan: This high-mobility support with initiation abilities is a strong contender.
- Nautilus, Neeko, Orianna, and Taliyah: All have the potential to be standout choices for various reasons.
From this list, K’Sante in the top lane, Jarvan IV in the jungle, and Rakan as support, along with Tristana as a mid/ADC, stand out as champions we believe will have over a 90% presence in picks and bans.
League of Legends Champion: Who do you Think will be the Most Played?
As we await the kick-off for Worlds 2023, it’s essential to keep an eye on the qualifying stages and team draft decisions. The meta can shift, and teams always look for an element of surprise. Without a doubt, this tournament promises high drama and, as always, a few unexpected twists. Brace yourself for the action!