DOTA2 LIMA Major in technical trouble

DOTA2 LIMA Major in technical trouble

2. March 2023 by Andrew Williams

The Lima Major playoffs got off to a bumpy start on February 28. On the very first day, there were a number of delays and problems with the production. Fans have been waiting for this day for a long time and it was supposed to be exciting for players and fans.

At the very beginning, only one hour was played in the first six hours, which according to Erik “tOfu” Engel from Gaimin Gladiators was due to “problems with the production”. Rightfully so, fans are pissed and are calling on Valve to do something about it. In any case, there should be no lack of money for proper production equipment.

Technical problems delay games

Suddenly, the Player Booth of the Gaimin Gladiators’ opponents, Team Aster, fell apart. This led to a longer break during the second game. The patience of the fans was really tested. However, other teams and players didn’t have the luxury of being first on the stage.

The fourth and final series between Team Liquid and Talon Esports – a best-of-three series – still hadn’t started before 11 p.m. local time, which may have affected their in-game performance and continued preparation through no fault of their own. The production problems are a shame because the Dota 2 game was very entertaining. Still, fans seem to be at their wits’ end and are demanding action from Valve.

Delays are just annoying

After the match, tOfu had a few words about the technical problems. TOfu said that the delays were “annoying” because all the Dota 2 teams “just wanted to play,” but knowing that the other team is in the same boat makes it a little less frustrating. You just have to “try to keep your cool,” he said. “In the beginning, it was delayed because of production and preparation.

But then once we were in the booth, we had to make our adjustments, set the voice, etc. We had some problems with the headphones and the microphones, we just had to fix that, but it didn’t quite work out. So we had to change our microphones. It just took quite a while.”

The delay was kind of annoying, everything took a long time. We just wanted to play, one or the other player also had to go to the bathroom. But we knew the other team was in the same situation, so we just wanted to make sure it didn’t really affect us and if anything it was a disadvantage to the opponent. So we tried to keep a cool head.” I guess that’s all you can do in the process.